New Ideas and Techniques for Posture, Upper Extremity Stability, Pressure, Wrist Extension, and Grip!
Academic expectations are increasing every year. Children are asked to write even in preschool! Unfortunately their bodies sometimes need to catch up with these expectations. There are many children that have poor handwriting because they have an issue with body positioning, hand dominance, grip, etc. It is important for teachers, parents, and professionals working with children to understand the developmental sequence that precedes writing! This 2-hour webinar includes simple and inexpensive adaptations and techniques that can be used in the classroom, home, or therapy as well as FREE resources.
- List strategies that can be used to support left-handed writers.
- Identify strategies to address hand tremors and shoulder stability.
- List approaches to develop and correct ineffective pencil grips.
- Recognize adaptations to promote good posture.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level occupational therapists, physical therapists, teachers, and parents
Course Instructor: Kim Wiggins, OTR/L, is an experienced occupational therapist specializing in the treatment of children since 2001. She is a full-time therapist at a City School District in upstate New York, owner of www.OTKimWiggins.com, and has been a nationally known speaker since 2011. Kim is certified in Mobile Devices for Children with Disabilities, Puzzle Art Therapy, Handwriting Without Tears, Zaner Bloser, The listening Program, and as an Irlen Screener.
- Financial: Kim Wiggins receives a speaking fee from Sensational Brain LLC and is the owner of listenWRITEshineBRIGHT.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This webinar is approved for 0.2 AOTA CEU or two contact hours under this Classification Code: Category 1, Domain of OT: Performance Skills.
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider for the Alabama, Florida, and Georgia Boards of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-593006. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email email@example.com with any questions.