Part 4: Breakthrough Parenting Series—Moving Towards Independence
As parents, our ultimate goal is to raise happy, healthy, and independent adults. It is often a struggle to balance being assertive about your child’s needs and working within systems that can feel overwhelming and complicated. Not only do we as parents need to learn to speak up, but we need to teach our children to advocate for themselves, as well. Through insight, humor, and compassion, our final installment in the parenting series will help you :
- Learn to assess your child’s current educational setting: what leads to a successful education.
- Discover how to advocate for your child academically, socially, and physically.
- Gain tools to teach your child self-advocacy.
- Establish life-long habits for health and wellness.
- Secure resources for support/advice/legal support, etc.
Target Audience: parents
PLEASE NOTE: Teachers and other professionals are welcome to attend; however, there are no AOTA-approved continuing education credits for this series.
Course Instructor: Lori Benson Adams, MEd, is an educational intervention specialist and owner of Breakthrough Learning Solutions in Atlanta, Georgia. With over 35 years of experience with students experiencing sensory, learning, behavioral, and executive function challenges, Lori presents nationally to audiences of parents, therapists, and educators. She is known for her immediately practical information and wealth of knowledge and resources. Additional information can be found at www.breakthroughlearningsolutions.com.
The speaker receives payment for each webinar purchased but does not have any other financial or nonfinancial interest in the presentation.
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email email@example.com with any questions.