Sensory AND Behavior: A comprehensive approach to addressing challenging behaviors (6-hour advanced level course)
Prerequisites for this advance class include either Gwen’s full-day course (live or view-on-demand) titled “Developing and Implementing Effective Sensory Diets” or her webinar titled “Sensory Diets 101.” Alternatively, professionals who have reached a comfort level with sensory processing disorders and the use of sensory strategies in multiple settings are welcome to participate as well.
Gwen guides you through the neurochemicals involved in sensory modulation; the correlation between related disorders such as Bipolar, anxiety, ADHD, and Autism; and introduces you to a whole-brain approach to addressing difficult behaviors (such as self-injurious behaviors, aggression, meltdowns, toilet training, picky eating, and masturbation) from a sensory perspective. This innovative, 6-hour, webinar leaves you with handy forms, intervention tools, and the knowledge you need to differentiate behavioral issues from sensory ones.
Purchase of this 6-hour course includes one of the following:
- FREE membership to BrainWorks Online for nonmembers,
- FREE Single Family/Single Classroom BrainWorks kit for members, or
- FREE digital product(s) for non-USA participants.
Complete instructions for accessing your FREE materials are included in the link to the webinar received after purchase.
This recording of a previously live, 6-hour course allows you to watch from the comfort of your home or office. You have ongoing access to this course (up to one year) and will be able to stop and start this course as needed. It does not need to be viewed in one sitting.
Please note: The recording does not include the webcam of the speaker from the live presentation. Although not essential to the presentation, visual learners may prefer the live version of this course. Please check our live course section to see if the course is being offered soon: https://sensationalbrain.com/product-category/webinars/live-webinars/
- Understand the roles of neurochemicals in sensory processing and related diagnoses.
- Utilize a method of behavior analysis to develop a comprehensive treatment plan.
- Develop a whole-brain approach to management of difficult behaviors.
- Recognize current cognitive and behavioral approaches and understand how to integrate these with a sensory frame of reference.
- Create BrainWorks visual sensory diet tools to support children and teens in their daily environments.
- Collaborate with other professionals to develop a comprehensive treatment plan to address the most challenging behaviors.
Target Audience: advanced-level occupational therapists or teachers completing the prerequisites or those who have already reached a comfort level in the use of sensory strategies to assist with sensory modulation
Course Instructor: Gwen Wild, MOT, OTR/L, is an experienced occupational therapist specializing in the treatment of children and adolescents diagnosed with autism and sensory processing disorders. Gwen is the owner of Sensational Brain LLC and creator of BrainWorks sensory diet tools. Gwen presents to audiences nationwide on topics related to sensory modulation. She lives in Galesburg, Michigan, with her husband and three teenage daughters.
- Financial: Gwen Wild is the owner of Sensational Brain LLC and receives proceeds from all sales.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This course is approved for 0.6 AOTA CEU or six contact hours under these Classification Codes: Category 2, OT Process: Intervention, and Category 1, Domain of OT: Performance Skills.
This course is offered for 0.6 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area), beginning May 1, 2018.
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider for the Alabama, Florida, and Georgia Boards of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-654383. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
View Course Agenda
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email email@example.com with any questions.