Developing and Implementing Effective Sensory Diets for Children and Teens (6-hour course)
The use of a sensory diet is a research-based method of providing individuals with sensory modulation difficulties the input they need to function their best. This practical, evidence-based, online course equips therapists, teachers, and caregivers with the ability to determine the sensory needs of the child and implement a sensory diet to effectively meet the child’s needs. Through case studies; group problem solving; and a make-it, take-it project; you will finish this course with all you need to start implementing effective sensory diets immediately!
Purchase of this 6-hour course includes one of the following:
- FREE membership to BrainWorks Online for nonmembers,
- FREE Single Family/Single Classroom BrainWorks kit for members, or
- FREE digital product(s) for non-USA participants.
Complete instructions for accessing your FREE materials are included in the link to the webinar received after purchase.
This recording of a previously live, 6-hour course allows you to watch from the comfort of your home or office. You have ongoing access to this course (up to one year) and will be able to stop and start this course as needed. It does not need to be viewed in one sitting.
Please note: The recording does not include the webcam of the speaker from the live presentation. Although not essential to the presentation, visual learners may prefer the live version of this course. Please check our live course section to see if the course is being offered soon: https://sensationalbrain.com/product-category/webinars/live-webinars/
- Identify three types of sensory modulation disorders.
- Utilize assessment results to formulate an effective sensory diet plan.
- Understand the essential components in teaching self-modulation skills.
- Access research-based tools for creating visual sensory diet supports.
- Utilize forms and checklists provided to empower parents and teachers to support the children in their daily environments.
- Identify sensory strategies to appropriately meet the needs of individual clients.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level occupational therapists, teachers, and caregivers
Course Instructor: Gwen Wild, MOT, OTR/L, is an experienced occupational therapist specializing in the treatment of children and adolescents diagnosed with autism and sensory processing disorders. Gwen is the owner of Sensational Brain LLC and creator of BrainWorks sensory diet tools. Gwen presents to audiences nationwide on topics related to sensory modulation. She lives in Galesburg, Michigan, with her husband and three teenage daughters.Gwen is the owner of Sensational Brain LLC and BrainWorks products and therefore benefits financially from all products sold on the website, including webinars.
- Financial: Gwen Wild is the owner of Sensational Brain LLC and receives proceeds from all sales.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This course is approved for 0.6 AOTA CEU or six contact hours under these Classification Codes: Category 2, OT Process: Evaluation and OT Process: Intervention.
This course is offered for 0.6 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional area), beginning April 14, 2018.
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider for the Alabama, Florida, and Georgia Boards of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-593300. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
View Course Agenda
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.