Developing and Implementing Effective Sensory Diets for Children and Teens (6-hour course)
The use of a sensory diet is a research-based method of providing individuals with sensory modulation difficulties the input they need to function their best. This practical, evidence-based, online course equips therapists, teachers, and caregivers with the ability to determine the sensory needs of the child and implement a sensory diet to effectively meet the child’s needs. Through case studies; group problem solving; and a make-it, take-it project; you will finish this course with all you need to start implementing effective sensory diets immediately!
This course includes instructions to receive one of the following, These options are NOT included with the Summer CEU Extravaganza:
- FREE for nonmembers: BrainWorks Online single-user membership,
- FREE for USA members: Single Family/Single Classroom BrainWorks kit, or
- FREE for non-USA participants: $30 cart coupon code.
After purchase, scroll to the very bottom of the webpage with video, survey, and post-test links for instructions on requesting FREE materials.
This recording of a previously live, 6-hour course allows you to watch from the comfort of your home or office. Your purchase includes access for one full year. Our recordings are unlisted YouTube videos, so you may stop and start this course as needed.
Please note: The recording does not include the webcam of the speaker from the live presentation. Although not essential to the presentation, visual learners may prefer the live version of this course. Please check our live course section to see if the course is being offered soon.
- Identify three types of sensory modulation disorders.
- Utilize assessment results to formulate an effective sensory diet plan.
- Understand the essential components in teaching self-modulation skills.
- Access research-based tools for creating visual sensory diet supports.
- Utilize forms and checklists provided to empower parents and teachers to support the children in their daily environments.
- Identify sensory strategies to appropriately meet the needs of individual clients.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level occupational therapists, teachers, and caregivers
Course Instructor: Gwen Wild, MOT, OTR/L
Learning Assessment: Objective post-test
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Certificates Immediately Available!
This course is approved for 0.6 AOTA CEU or six contact hours under these Classification Codes: Category 2, OT Process: Evaluation and OT Process: Intervention.
♦ Information on refunds and returns
♦ Continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more
♦ Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.