Sensory Strategies at School: Little or No Equipment Required!
This 1-hour webinar provides a variety of sensory strategies that are easy to implement in the school environment with little or no special equipment required. Activities are broken down by an effect on the sensory system (calming, just right, and alerting). The course manual that is available to download and print is filled with helpful activity lists and descriptions. This course is included with the School-Based OT: The Basics Webinar Package.
- Recognize the continuum of sensory modulation.
- List three possible modifications for the classroom to enhance sensory modulation.
- Differentiate sensory breaks, sensory routines, and sensory modifications.
- Identify the intended purpose (calming, alerting, and just-right) of at least five sensory break activities.
- Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level OTs, COTAs, PTs, PTAs, SLPs, counselors, school social workers, school psychologists and teachers
- Course Instructor: Gwen Wild, MOT, OTR/L
- CE Broker course code: 20-593312
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
||Sensational Brain LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Approved Provider #8215. This course is approved for 0.1 AOTA CEU or one contact hour under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Intervention. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
Gwen Wild, MOT, OTR/L, is an experienced occupational therapist specializing in the treatment of children and adolescents diagnosed with autism and sensory processing disorders. Gwen is the creator of BrainWorks sensory diet tools. Although selling the business in October 2020, she remains with Sensational Brain as the AOTA CE Administrator. She currently works as an Intensive Support Specialist for a large educational service agency. Gwen presents to audiences nationwide on topics related to sensory modulation and self-regulation. She lives in Galesburg, Michigan, with her husband and will soon have an empty nest as her three daughters venture out on their own. Learn more about Gwen’s mission and why she created BrainWorks on our About page. To view Gwen’s courses, check out her product page.
- Financial: Gwen Wild receives compensation for her responsibilities as CE administrator for AOTA as well as speaking fees from Sensational Brain LLC. Gwen is co-author of Just Right! A Sensory Modulation Curriculum for K-5®.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.