Sloppy Handwriting? Tips and techniques to improve common handwriting problems
Even in this age of technology, students are writing for a majority of their day. Because of an increase in academic expectations, teachers often do not have enough time in their day to teach handwriting. Illegible handwriting can lead to poor grades, low motivation to complete written tasks, and behavior issues. Handwriting is meant to be an automatic skill, which means that kids should be able to think and write at the same time. This 2-hour webinar, updated with more recent research, includes inexpensive and simple adaptations and techniques that can be used in the classroom, home, or therapy. It will also include many FREE resources.
- Apply handwriting expectations per grade level.
- Access a free screening tool that can be used with all handwriting styles.
- Identify readiness skills for preschool level children.
- Recognize strategies to develop or correct the 8 components of handwriting including (a) memory, (b) reversals, (c) placement on the line, (d) size, (e) starting position, (f) letter formation, (g) spacing, and (h) speed.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level occupational therapists, teachers, and parents
Course Instructor: Kim Wiggins, OT/L, is an experienced occupational therapist specializing in the treatment of children since 2011. She is a full-time therapist at a City School District in upstate New York, owner of www.OTKimWiggins.com, and has been a nationally known speaker since 2011. Kim is certified in Mobile Devices for Children with Disabilities, Puzzle Art Therapy, Handwriting Without Tears, Zaner Bloser, The listening Program, and as an Irlen Screener.
- Financial: Kim Wiggins receives a speaking fee from Sensational Brain LLC and is the owner of listenWRITEshineBRIGHT.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This course is approved for 0.2 AOTA CEU or two contact hours under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Intervention.
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider for the Alabama, Florida, and Georgia Boards of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-593008. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email email@example.com with any questions.