Sensory AND Behavior: Determining the underlying causes and addressing difficult behaviors appropriately
When difficult behaviors arise in children with sensory processing disorders, we often ask ourselves if the behaviors are sensory OR behavioral in nature. However, experience shows us that the answer is usually both—sensory AND behavioral. This 2-hour webinar includes research to support this approach and a case study.
- Discuss the ABC method of behavior analysis.
- Delineate proactive and reactive strategies to address difficult behaviors.
- Select cognitive strategies to address certain behaviors.
- Recognize the role of sensory strategies in minimizing maladaptive behaviors.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech-language pathologists, counselors, social workers, teachers, and parents.
Course Instructor: Gwen Wild, MOT, OTR/L, is an experienced occupational therapist specializing in the treatment of children and adolescents diagnosed with autism and sensory processing disorders. Gwen is the owner of Sensational Brain LLC and creator of BrainWorks sensory diet tools. Gwen presents to audiences nationwide on topics related to sensory modulation. She lives in Galesburg, Michigan, with her husband and three teenage daughters.
- Financial: Gwen Wild is the owner of Sensational Brain LLC and receives proceeds from all sales.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Sensational Brain LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education (#8215). AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures.
This course is approved for 0.2 AOTA CEU or two contact hours under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Intervention.
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider for the Alabama, Florida, and Georgia Boards of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-593308. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email email@example.com with any questions.