The Whole Pie Framework™ for Pediatric Feeding
Pediatric feeding is a very complex specialty as it involves diverse areas of practice and requires high levels of caregiver training. As a practitioner, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and wonder where to start or go next. This 2-hour webinar presents the Whole Pie Framework™ for pediatric feeding, which describes the 8 major areas impacting success with eating. After completing this webinar you will know where to start with each new feeding client and gain strategies to increase daily caloric intake while decreasing stress during meals.
- Determine which children are appropriate candidates for feeding therapy.
- Recognize how values and beliefs impact a child’s success in therapy.
- Identify key questions to answer before starting feeding therapy and which piece of the pie to address first.
- Pinpoint how to structure meals and snacks to support successful eating.
- Pinpoint appropriate expectations for adults and children during meals to support a fun and relaxed eating environment.
Target Audience: introductory- through advanced-level occupational and speech-language pathologists along with early interventionists, psychologists, teachers, parents, and anyone helping children to improve their eating abilities
Course Instructor: Becky Miksic, OTR/L, T-NLP, has been supporting families to progress their children’s eating since 2002. She has worked in a variety of settings and has helped countless children to expand their food repertoire as well as transitioned tube fed children to oral feedings. Her company, End Picky Eating, focuses on home-based feeding therapy, remote consultations, and education for parents and professionals through webinars and live classes.
- Financial: Becky receives a speaking fee from Sensational Brain LLC. She is the owner of Child Success Solutions Inc. DBA End Picky Eating and the author of End Picky Eating: Transforming picky eaters into successful eaters so you can go anywhere & know your child will eat.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This course is approved for 0.2 AOTA CEU or two contact hours under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Evaluation.
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider for the Alabama, Florida, and Georgia Boards of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-596236. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email email@example.com with any questions.