Supporting INCLUSION Through the Introduction of Yoga in the Classroom
There is a growing number of neuro-diverse students in our schools today. Inclusive classrooms are designed to support all learners regardless of cognitive, physical, social or emotional differences. Meeting the basic individual needs of each student is essential for academic achievement and therapeutic growth. This requires great creativity and innovation. Yoga and mindfulness tools offer a unique and effective means of cultivating every students’ inner strengths, assisting growth. Cohesive, compassionate, and calm classrooms flourish, allowing every student to shine regardless of diagnosis or challenge.
- Define neuro-diversity and understand how it impacts every classroom.
- List five basic human needs that affect all learning.
- Identify three yoga and mindfulness tools that you can implement tomorrow to help students organize their nervous system.
- Describe how yoga and mindfulness in the classroom facilitates positive peer interaction.
Target Audience: introductory- to advanced-level OTs and PTs as well as other professionals interested in implementing Yoga in a classroom environment
Course Instructor: Allison Morgan, MA, OTR, RYT, is a licensed occupational therapist and Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-200) who has been working with children for over two decades. Allison has devoted her career to fostering the growth, development, and well-being of children and adolescents in multiple settings. She has extensive experience working with children with a variety of diagnoses such as sensory processing disorders, learning and developmental disabilities, ADD/ADHD, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, and physical disabilities.
- Financial: Allison Morgan receives a speaking fee from Sensational Brain LLC and is the owner of Zensational Kids.
- Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationship exists.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This course is approved for 0.2 AOTA CEU or two contact hours under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Intervention.
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider for the Alabama, Florida, and Georgia Boards of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-650448. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
- For refunds and returns information, click here: https://goo.gl/ZxYd9Q
- For continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more, click here: https://goo.gl/bTmL1Q
Please email email@example.com with any questions.