Childhood Trauma and Executive Function Deficits
- Define executive function and learn about its building blocks and various dimensions.
- List red flag indicators, warning signs, and consequences of executive function deficits.
- Identify how toxic stress, adversity, and complex trauma can impede the development of executive function.
- List ways to promote and develop executive function skills in younger individuals exposed to trauma.
- Define the benefits of executive function.
Target Audience: intermediate- to advanced-level OTs, COTAs, SLPs, teachers, and other professionals
Note: While many professionals may benefit from the course content, we can only guarantee acceptance of continuing education credit as described in the following CEU section.
Course Instructor: Jerrod Brown, PhD
Learning Assessment: Objective post-test
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Sensational Brain LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. PD activity ID# 02366. This distance-learning, independent format is offered at 0.3 CEUs, Intermediate Level, OT Service Delivery. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
♦ Information on refunds and returns
♦ Continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more
♦ Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.