Co-Regulation to Self-Regulation: Applied Framework and Strategies
Self-regulation intervention is the foundation for improved self-awareness and functional attentional skills. In this 2.5-hour, evidence-based webinar, attendees explore the sequential steps of moving from co-regulation to self-regulation. Participants gain knowledge of self-regulation by analyzing the neurobiology of regulation and comparing and contrasting the differences between emotional regulation and attentional regulation. Attendees also utilize various methods of therapeutic intervention to provide improved sensory self-awareness for clients and connect their 8 sensory systems to self-regulation. This webinar summarizes the information using multiple case studies to help develop clinical reasoning and therapeutic decision making.
1. Identify the differences between self-regulation and emotional regulation.
2. List the four steps of co-regulation.
3. State the five steps of self-regulation as they apply to your clinical or school-based practice.
4. Identify the eight sensory systems and state one method of providing sensory awareness instruction for each sense.
- Target Audience:introductory- to intermediate-level OTs, OTAs, and other pediatric professionals
- Course Instructor: Karin Hessellund Warner, MOT OTR/L
- View Agenda
- CE Broker course code: 20-1092790
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)