Apps to Support Weak Executive Functioning in Children and Teens
Children and teens with poor Executive Functions often benefit from technology to help with time orientation, organization of thoughts and materials, and for tracking progress in multiple areas of life. This 1-hour webinar looks at Lori’s top 20 picks of the most widely used apps to support children with weak internal systems of time, space, and emotional regulation. This course is included in the Executive Functioning Skills: Beyond the Basics Webinar Package.
- Identify three major areas of daily living affected by weak executive skills.
- Analyze how apps can be used to support or supplant other forms of support (when and how to introduce the use of technology supports best).
- Demonstrate knowledge of apps appropriate for a variety of EF challenges.
- Build a “go-to” collection of technological supports for children and teens to help with time orientation, self-regulation of emotions, and for the organization of materials and data.
- Identify how to help an individual identify the supports that will most likely move them towards increased independence.
- Target Audience: introductory- to advanced-level OTs, SLPs, and other professionals and parents working with children and teens with Executive Functioning challenges
- Course Instructor: Lori Benson Adams, MEd
- View Agenda
- CE Broker course code: 20-567183