Activities to Promote Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) practices are being championed in all walks of life. The need for understanding, tolerance, and acceptance for those different from us has never been greater. Perhaps the greatest way to impact this area is through our children. This 1-hour, cutting-edge course offers a deeper look into what these practices represent, our responsibilities as pediatric professionals, and specific activities to integrate into daily lessons and plans that easily provide a larger worldview. Participants leave with a deeper understanding of their roles, resources for further learning activities, and specific lesson plans and strategies for natural, simplified implementation.
- List the specific meanings of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Identify current research on DEI and education.
- Apply these concepts and resources with daily activities with children and teens.
- Target Audience: introductory- to advanced-level OTs, COTAs, and other professionals working with children and teens
- Course Instructor: Lori Benson Adams, MEd
- View Agenda
- CE Broker course code: 20-955940
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)