Ready, Set, Go: Telehealth in Early Intervention Services (IDEA Part C)
This 2-hour webinar describes the use of telehealth in early intervention services (IDEA Part C). Practical tips, strategies, and resources for planning, preparing, and implementing telehealth are discussed. Norm-referenced and criterion-referenced assessments and interventions amendable to telehealth targeting adaptive skills, gross and fine motor skills, cognition, sensory processing, social-emotional skills, and communication skills are identified. Throughout the webinar, participants are encouraged to reflect on the information shared and consider potential application within their local early intervention system. Opportunities to advocate for families and support best practices in the use of telehealth in early intervention is discussed.
- Select the reason telehealth aligns well with early intervention services (IDEA Part C).
- Identify key resources to support best practices when using telehealth to deliver early intervention services.
- Delineate the process for planning, preparing, and implementing telehealth in early intervention services.
- Recognize at least three assessments and three interventions that can be used with a telehealth service delivery model.
- Identify benefits and challenges associated with the implementation of telehealth in early intervention programs.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level OTs, SLPs, PTs, and other practitioners engaged in early intervention services
Note: While many professionals may benefit from the course content, we can only guarantee acceptance of continuing education credit as described in the following CEU section.
Course Instructor: Jana Cason, DHSc, OTR/L, FAOTA
Learning Assessment: Objective post-test
Certificates Immediately Available!
This course is approved for 0.2 AOTA CEU or two contact hours under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Therapy Process: Intervention; and Category 3: Professional Issues: Contemporary Issues and Trends.
♦ Information on refunds and returns
♦ Continuing education policies and procedures, course completion requirements, special needs request, complaint policy, and more
♦ Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.